Navigate Spring Programs
For a detailed explanation of how each Spring program works, please click on the button below.
This will open up a .pdf that describes each program in detail. We look forward to your questions
about Spring Hockey and delivering a new, exciting program to the players.
Competitive P3 Beast Teams
2024 Beasts Hockey
If you are interested in this program please contact Coach Jarvis at Jarvis@p3sportsinc.ca to inquire about available teams and ID Skate information.
2015 Beasts (Full Ice program!)
2016 Beasts(Full Ice program!)
ID Skate Information available below!
Spring ID Skates
Spring Teams 2024
Spring ID Skates
Sunday November 5th, 2023
2011 | 3:45 PM – 4:45 PM – Stoney Nakoda Rec Centre
2012 | 3:45 PM – 4:45 PM – Stoney Nakoda Rec Centre
2013 | 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM – Stoney Nakoda Rec Centre
2014 | 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM – Stoney Nakoda Rec Centre
Friday November 10th 2023
2014 | 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM – Totem 3
2015 | 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM – Totem 3
P3 Spring Programs - Coming Soon!!!
Thank you for checking out our Spring Hockey Page!
Please stay tuned for more informtation regarding our Spring Programs!
- Learn to Play
- U7 Little Beasts
- Cochrane Beasts Development U9-U13
- Calgary Beasts Development U9-U15
- PPP Programs (U15-U20)
- Female TrailBlazers
Weekend Warriors - Spring Hockey
The Weekend Warrior hockey is specifically aimed at Tier 4 and below + RHL players that want to play spring hockey in a fun environment where players enjoy the game and PLAY a lot. This is a two-line hockey game with limited stoppages in play. Maximizing playing time while having fun! 1 minute on, 1 minute off.
Weekend Warrior Schedule
The Weekend Warrior schedule will begin on April 1 and conclude on June 4th. 10 weeks of fun hockey! 1 practice and 9 games. The main intent for the practice is to divide the team into the strongest and the developing. P3 coaches will also go over the rules.
Weekend Warrior Team Composition
Teams will be comprised of 10 skaters and 1 goalie each. 2-line hockey! Teams will announce their A line and B line. These lines will play against each other.
- Each team will be required to put together a “reserve” list of friends/players that can fill in rosters if a team in unable to have all 10 players come to the game.
- It is extremely important to have all 10 players present at each game.
Weekend Warrior Game Format
- The Weekend Warrior games will feature 60 minutes in length.
- Each game will be comprised of two half-time periods.
- A shootout will take place in the middle of every game. (Every player will go shoot each game!)
- Shootout goals will be added up for the 9 games and a prize given out to the team with the highest shootout success and the team with the best save percentage.
Weekend Warrior Divisions
U7 – 4 to 8 teams (40-80 players) – Play on Saturday mornings – likely 9:00am – 11:30am
U9 – 4 to 8 teams (40-80 players) – Play on Saturdays – likely from 10am-12:30pm
U11 – 4 to 6 teams (40-60 players) – Play on either Saturday or Sunday – likely from 12:00pm – 2:30pm
U13 – 4 to 6 teams (40-60 players) – Play on either Saturday or Sunday – likely from 1:00pm – 3:30pm
Weekend Warrior Game Rule Changes U9-U13
- A buzzer will go to tell teams it is time to change, but the game will continue on without stopping. This helps the A line play vs the A line which keeps the games as fair as possible.
- Penalties: If a player receives a penalty, they will miss the remainder of their shift, plus the next shift. They will go back to their own bench and the coach will ensure that the team plays short for those shifts.
- Off-sides – will be whistled and puck possession changed to the defending team.
- Goalie save (covers puck) – defending team must take puck behind net, offensive team must retreat past ringette line and play will resume.
- Goals – faceoff at center.
- Half-time shootout – both teams will go at the same time. All 10 shooters shoot at half time. Should take 5 mins.
Weekend Warrior Game Rule Changes U7 – additions
- Penalties: If a player receives a penalty, they will miss the remainder of their shift. The referee will skate up to the offending player and point to their bench during the play. The play will not stop.
- Off-side rule: Players are still learning off-side, close calls will NOT be called. However, off-sides will be used for a learning experience, and the whistle will blow from the referee and the referee will yell “off-side” and the defending team will get the puck and play will begin again without a stoppage in play. Offensive players must retreat past the blueline.
Weekend Warrior Coaches
The Weekend Warrior staff will be dad’s and mom’s who want to enjoy watching the action from the bench. Feedback from coaches to players should be minimal to absent. This is for the athletes, and we want a program where they can just PLAY.
- 2 Coaches from each team will receive a 50% off coupon so that their son/daughter can play for half price. $150.
Weekend Warrior Cost
To keep costs low, we will be ordering each team a set of jerseys that will be given back to P3 at the conclusion of the Spring season.
- $400 per player/goalie for the season, which works out to $30 per session.
- $200 non-refundable deposit is due to secure your spot on the team.
- $200 payment will be collected by email link, sent out on February 1, 2024 payable by Feb 15.
Weekend Warrior Registration: